Van Insurance

Van Insurance

Van insurance like car insurance is a legal requirement for anyone who wants to drive a van. The great thing about Brightsides’ van insurance policy is that it is designed for van drivers just like you who need simple, affordable, clear cover packed full of optional extras.


We offer levels of cover depending on your needs, they are:

  • Comprehensive insurance covers against medical costs and car repairs for you and the other driver. It also covers fire or theft claims too
  • Third party fire and theft insurance covers the repairs for the third party vehicle and covers you if your van catches fire or is stolen
  • Third party only insurance is the minimum insurance you need to be insured to drive your van on the road. It covers the cost of repairs to a third party's vehicle too.

Optional Extras

Here at Brightside Van we pride ourselves in giving you the extras that we know are essential when the unexpected happens, meaning that whatever life may have instore for you it doesn't need to stop you in your tracks. They include Motor Legal cover, RAC Breakdown cover, Replacement Vehicle cover plus Excess protection. Here's some more information on each...

Motor Legal Insurance

Our legal expenses cover pays for up to £100,000 of legal costs. It also gives you:

  • Access to a 24 hour motor legal helpline which gives customer advice & guidance on the legal use of their motor vehicle and customers. 
  • Professional legal defence for motor prosecutions if there is a reasonable chance you'll be found innocent or if you would face mandatory disqualification if convicted.

RAC Breakdown cover

We've chosen RAC to provide our breakdown cover simply because we don't think there's anyone better. RAC breakdown cover has a range of options which cover you 24/7 wherever you are

Replacement Vehicle cover

This provides you with a courtesy vehicle or cash alternative for up to two weeks whilst you find a permanent replacement van. As long as you haven't had a major motoring conviction since buying the policy, you will be supplied with a vehicle with a specification as close as possible to your own (up to a maximum of 3.5 tons). This can be used for the same type of use for which you're normally insured enabling you to carry on business as usual. Alternatively, you can opt for a 2 litre car or even take a £20 payment per day instead. If you do opt for the replacement vehicle, you will be responsible for any fuel, fines and fares while you have it.

Windscreen cover (Third Party Fire and Theft only)

This optional extra covers damage to windscreens and windows - including chip and 'bullseye' repair.

Excess protection

Excess protection cover ensure that if you do need to make a claim (apart from for glass or keys), you'll be repaid for any excess up to your policy limit.


To find out more about how Brightside Insurance can help you go to